Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2016

Turkey Bacon and Eggs

I love the classic bacon and eggs breakfast, but didn't like how fatty I felt after eating tons of bacon (because sometimes I lose self control when there is steaming bacon in front of me). The first time I had turkey bacon after eating regular bacon it was kind of strange, but from the second time on it became a treat that my husband Andrew and I looked forward to!

We make this meal about three times a week, if not more! We cook up 2 eggs for each of us (we like ours over easy) and 2 or 3 pieces of turkey bacon per person. We enjoy eating it with frozen mixed vegetables that have been cooked on the stove in a bit of vegetable oil. We then put salt and pepper over everything, eat it up, and then we grab a piece of whole grain bread. We like to put applesauce on our bread, or sometimes peanut butter, and I sometimes enjoy eating it with sliced peaches on top (both fresh and canned).

We like this meal because it has protein, vegetables, whole grain, and either fruit or nuts. It is seriously so good!

Oh, another tip for the turkey bacon: we don't like to cook it to the point that it becomes crispy. For some reason it has a funny taste when it is crispy. We like it pretty floppy, but definitely not raw!

Let me know what you think if you try this out! Also if you try it in a different way, and how that went for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment