Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2016

Omelettes

We love omelettes! We like inventing new kinds to eat as well! Okay, so to be honest we don't make omelettes like you picture them to be, with the egg wrapped around the meat, cheese, and veggies. We make them more like a stir-fry, which takes less time and is just as delicious!

Throw some kind of vegetable oil in the bottom of your skillet so your eggs don't stick! A general omelette that we like to make includes eggs, cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced up turkey lunch meat, and slices of a golden delicious apple.

I have seriously been blessed with an amazing husband. Andrew is so kind and usually makes breakfast for us. It really helps because I'm usually feeding our little baby Joseph, and even when I'm not it's still a super kind gesture. Anyway, one morning he surprised me by throwing in the golden delicious apple and I was less than excited to try it out. Now every time we make omelettes, I grab a golden delicious from the fridge because I love it so much!

Another good combination is instead of the golden delicious, adding spinach! It is really delicious. My neighbor Macy said that she usually just throws in whatever vegetables are in her fridge when she makes omelettes, including squash and zucchini. I know bell peppers and green onions are also common in omelettes. If you're feeling ambitious, you could even cook up some turkey bacon and cut it up for your meat, but I think the turkey lunch meat is delicious and simple. And what college student/busy mom doesn't like simple?

When we make our favorite omelette, we throw in vegetable oil, put some eggs in (usually about 6 eggs which makes 3 for each person) and let them cook for a little while. Then we add the tomatoes and lunch meat, and then the golden delicious apples, cook for a little longer, top with cheese and dish it onto the plates. The apples don't get very cooked that way, but it's good. We recently tried cooking the apples a little longer and that tastes great as well!

If you try this out, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment