Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

My New Pasta Creation


Yum is all I can say. Not everything in the meal is shown in the picture on the left.

We had quite a bunch of vegetables sitting in our refrigerator and I knew they needed to be eaten soon, so I decided to cut them all up and throw them in with some chicken to make a yummy pasta dish. I debated for a while whether or not to throw in some canned tomatoes, but I'm SO glad I did because they add a lot of flavor.

I'm sure using other vegetables would be delicious as well, like mushrooms and onions and such. I just used what we had in the fridge, which happened to be what was cheap at the grocery store last week. This meal would also taste good with ground turkey, and different seasonings. It's delicious, flexible, and great for the food pyramid!

Lindsey's Flexitarian Chicken Veggie Pasta:

  • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast 
  • 1 head broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 green bell peppers cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 squash and 1 zucchini cut in half from top to bottom and then slice into several pieces about 1/4 of an inch wide
  • 2 cans of diced tomatoes (drained slightly)
  • whole wheat egg noodles
  • seasoning salt
  • pepper
  • Italian seasoning
1. Put enough vegetable oil in the bottom of a frying pan to coat the whole bottom. I did this step first so I wouldn't have to clean my hands in between cutting the chicken and moving it to the pan. 
2. Cut up the chicken breast into many tiny pieces (that way you don't need tons of chicken but you still get several bites of it in your dish!) and put them in the pan. 
3. Start a pot of water boiling for the pasta. Once boiling, add the noodles. They don't take long to cook at all, so keep your eye on them! 
4. Cut up all of the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and add them to the pan as you go. I added the bell peppers first, then the broccoli, then the zucchini and squash. 
5. Add the spices you would like, throw in the two cans of tomatoes and turn the heat down. Cover with a lid so it all warms up. 
6. Once the pasta is drained, throw some on your plate and cover it with the chicken veggie mix. Enjoy! 

1 comment: